Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Presentation and Web 2.0 Project

For my presentation project I chose scenario one, which was to pitch an entrepreneurial idea to a venture capital company. I brainstormed a few ideas until I came up with a plan to acquire an avocado production facility in Peru and export avocados into the U.S. I figured this would be a straightforward business opportunity to present to either some angel investors or a venture capital company. I put together a power point that I believe would be able to persuade a few investors.
My power point presentation followed a logical flow. I started with an executive summary, provided a mission statement, presented my course of action, a SWOT analysis, and various other aspects that I would've included if I was presenting an entrepreneurial idea. I also tried to include and cover as much information as possible during the presentation so that the feasibility of my venture idea would not be questioned. I feel that my presentation is visually appealing as well as to the point and thorough. I avoided clutter as much as possible and tried to avoid inconsistencies, errors, and unbelievable claims. My slides are readable and contained bullet points that I used to help elaborate my speaking portions.
Critiquing one of my peer's presentations helped me make sure that my presentation was correctly put together. I learned that power point seems to be the most effective tool for this project. I also realized that YouTube was not the only means of sharing my presentation over the web. Lastly, I learned that following the grading rubric is harder depending on the topic of the presentation.
Overall this project was a learning experience for me in many ways. This was my first time uploading a presentation video on the internet. The power point project was more time consuming than I expected. I had to make sure all my images and animations were "free".  I also had to make sure that the music I included in my presentation was authentic and paid for. This project will definitely help me in the business world. Considering the fact I chose scenario one, this project was definitely something I hope to be doing again in my future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf0Oshy-Ylk

No comments:

Post a Comment